Saturday 22 September 2012

Mixed Thoughts in an evening bus journey….



Breeze berrufles my hair,
Thoughts sink me into lost nothingness.
Thinking of the past I recline on my bus's seat,
Knowing not what to ask for.
I love the tranquility within....
My eyes see but don't look!
They are wide open yet the mind's shut for foreign forces to pierce in.
I'm neither pensive nor lazy,
neither sleepy nor desolate.

I stare through the transparent windscreen,
I hear some song
but not driven towards listening to it.
The vehicle stops every now and then,
but I'm just not interested to know if it's a signal, toll or a jam
Trees move backwards in a trice
I move past the white lines in blink of an eye.

Once in a while my head directs up
To look at the unimaginable vast infinity
Sunset stupendous as always,
dusk dampening down the spirit's excitement to ground level,
reiterating that stability is nature's nature.
Birds flocking beautifully back to their nests
tell me a silent message and I understand that secret.

I feel like a cat standing on a wall
Not knowing which side to take!
I'm bad at deciding, trusting my decision and being happy with it.
I want that wall to collapse instead,
so that the two sides merge into one,
thus letting me escape from making a choice.
And now this unknown incomprehensible feeling too may be my mind's tactic of escapism.
If it's not so let me wait and study if it's placidity masking all the pain within....

No comments:

Post a Comment